Re: School Districts serving Places or areas

Yes.  Many civic and moving services provide this already, although in a
most cumbersome way...typically via mapping, GIS, or search, where you have
to usually know where you are at on a map and then see districts overlap on
top of you.
https://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Schools/General_Information/School_District_Locator/School_District_Locator/

Also, Wikidata just added the new property "school district"
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P5353> that can be added to any
Place with discussion here
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/Schulsprengel>,
where ArthurPSmith hits on the exact problem that I have via containment
and overlapping boundaries.  And so a pleasant "List of school districts"
is usually preferred against a any Place query.

"OK Google, what school districts are around me"."What school district am I
in" ... works in various ways internationally.  Try it, it's not fun. :(

-Thad