Re: Historical events

I tend to agree with Mike and Simon, from a modeling point of view it's all
the same thing so maybe it's just the definition that needs to be clarified
and more subtypes added. The current definition and current subtypes give
the impression that it has a somewhat narrow meaning.

The link Mike provided, and this authoritative article describe the very
broad meaning "event" can have:

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/events/

So perhaps the Schema definition could start with the dictionary definition
then explicitly mention its broad applicability:

https://schema.org/Event
A thing that happens, especially one of importance.
In addition to typical events, instances can be periods of time,
activities, actions, and processes, etc.

A definition like the above, combined with new subtypes suggested by
Allison and others, might make people more comfortable using it in more
ways than they might currently.

Anthony