Re: Historical events

Look, I'm no temporal expert or anything, but maybe the problem is in
English it could be a continuum from "event" to "period" as the interval of
time being named gets longer, with no clear boundary.

    Mike's birthday party - an event
    The Middle Ages - a period

Because from a data modeling point of view they're the same (at least as
far as my modeling knowledge goes).

So an unpopular solution I'm guessing would be to rename the type to
*EventOrPeriod*.

So your previous example:

    The Black Death
        superEventOrPeriod: The Middle Ages