Re: Historical events

I agree with the need for more specific types of events, I've been arguing
myself for Trip and ParcelDelivery to be moved to Event from Intangible.

Schema is a controlled vocabulary
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_vocabulary> though, so the point
is to have agreed meaning on terms. In the same vein I've been arguing that
CreativeWork, Product, and Intangible don't have agreed meaning and
therefore also don't belong in Schema. Terms like "significant",
"important", or "special" declare a subset of things, and to give an
example people do something similar when they star or flag emails. I should
be allowed to use stars, and you should be allowed to use stars, but if we
combined our mail we'd likely need to re-star things based on an agreed
meaning of stars, or alternatively not do it at all.

On periods, eras, epochs, ages, etc., to me they seem the same as events -
portions of time, sometimes exact sometimes not, during which other events
happened or not, and with a name - just normally longer. "Mike's birthday
party", an event I'd argue according to most people, is nothing but a
portion of time during which other events happened - "Mike had a shot",
"Mike cut and served cake" etc. In addition to being an event (armed
conflict) would World War II also be considered a period or era? It's too
ambiguous in my view to go in a controlled vocabulary, hence the suggestion
for the additional duration categories.

Anthony