Re: Historical events

Hi Anthony,

Your list of potential historically specific types clearly demonstrates two
points:

   1. Almost anything can be ‘of historical significance’ From an event to
   a painting; to a person; to a vehicle; to an amusement park; etc., etc.,
   etc.

   2. Satisfying this need by introducing new specific types would require
   the creation of a vast number of new types

Fortunately there is a well established pattern, Multi Typed Entities
(MTEs), within Schema.org that can be used here that would only require the
creation of one new Type.  The name of such a type will no doubt be the
subject of much debate.  My current preference being
*HistoricallySignificant*.

Taking this approach would enable the description of any *Thing* using the
current power and flexibility of the vocabulary, then adding an additional
type to indicate that the thing has *HistoricallySignificant*-ness.  For
example.

{
"@context": "http://schema.org",
"@type": ["Person","HistoricallySignificant"],