Re: Schema.org and OWL

On 11/06/18 19:43, Anthony Moretti wrote:
> My argument with Phil's point to do with Courses is that type names
> should never have words such as "Instance" or "Occurrence" appended to
> them because the distinction between types and instances is already
> made through use of the data model.

Naming things is hard. But no, an instance of data about a Course is not
the same as data about an instance of a Course. You can find the
original discussion threads archived as Modelling Course and
CourseOffering
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schema-course-extend/2016Feb/thread.html#msg10>
and Course, a new dawn?
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schema-course-extend/2016Feb/thread.html>
The model adopted broadly follows that of EN 15982:2011
<https://standards.cen.eu/dyn/www/f?p=204:110:0::::FSP_PROJECT:32324&cs=1FE2D5FAF2A5C7EAE7C4BAD8D70864455>
Metadata for Learning Opportunities (MLO) - Advertising and the Common
Education Data Standards <https://ceds.ed.gov/> (CEDS)

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;

PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.
CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090