From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 6:19 AM
To: Thomas Francart <thomas.francart@sparna.fr>
Subject: Re: Schema.org and OWL

Holger at TopBraid used to have an OWL version, http://topbraid.org/schema/ but they switched to using a SHACL representation instead.

While it would be nice if people using OWL tools could link or base their terms on those in schema.org<http://schema.org>, I wouldn't waste a lot of time agonizing how to express our loose domain/range construction in OWL-eze. OWL tools, especially DL, tend to crash out easily when they run into unexpected things.

The old schemaorg.owl file was a oneoff made in 2011, if I recall. But our main definitions are essentially RDF/S. I'd look at SHACL (and ShEx; it is a pity they diverged) if the goal is to characterize useful data shapes, rather than just trying to attach properties to types. e.g. http://book.validatingrdf.com

Dan