Re: Schema.org and OWL

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, 06:43 Peter F. Patel-Schneider, <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 06/06/2018 06:12 AM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> > [...]
>

> > . OWL tools, especially DL, tend to crash out easily when they run into
> > unexpected things.
>
> It would be worthwhile having some evidence backing up this statement

It may largely be Protege. I have for 15+ years regularly been emailed by
people who couldn't make FOAF work in (usually) some version of Protege
e.g. because we had claimed that foaf:mbox_sha1sum was inverse-functional,
or we used bits of Dublin Core in the schema file without asserting the DC
properties were annotational.