Re: Schema for a Collection of Links?

On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 at 11:28, Ilya Petrov <ilyaigpetrov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply, Richard.
> Could you or someone please guide me how microdata markup should look
> like, here is how I currently try to do it:
>
> <head>
>     <script type="application/ld+json">
>
> {"description":"...","author":"...","@type":"CollectionPage","url":"...",...}
> // This was generated by a static site generator.
>     </script>
> </head>
>     <main>
> https://schema.org/WebSite">Official site of Springfield</a>
> https://schema.org/WebPage">Local events in Springfield</a>
> https://schema.org/WebPage">Latest news in Springfield</a>
>     </main>
>
> I use https://schema.org/WebPage instead of http://schema.org/WebPage
> (httpS over http), I hope it's ok.
> it's already defined in the JSON-LD script, I hope it's also ok.
>
> If this mail-list is not a place for such questions, please, let me know.

It's not the best place for such questions really. Not to be unfriendly but
since there are literally millions of sites using Schema.org, we're not
really set up here to deal with that scale of question-answering. You might
try stack overflow or similar sites if people from here can't help you, but
yeah best to move this kind of question offlist. There is also the larger
matter that the markup might be broadly correct but not particularly
useful. For example at Google, while it is true that we can treat lots of
bits of schema.org as a kind of signal (helping us to understand the
general content of your pages), we generally nudge people towards putting
their time/effort primarily into markup associated with explicitly
documented search features, i.e.
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/search-features . While
this seems a reasonable way to use CollectionPage I'm not aware of any such
features that would make great use of the markup currently.

cheers,

Dan