Re: Creating new Schemas?

Hi Martin,
in a nutshell, a small-sized pull-request on Github is the way to go. But before you invest the work, you need to evaluate whether there is an actual need and a sufficient interest by major consumers of schema.org data. We typically do not extend the vocabulary for the sake of extending it; most work is driven by immediate needs and hands-on use-cases.

If you decide to go forward, here are few hints:

- Write a concise and compelling motivation for your proposal and host it somewhere.
- Start small. Even major extensions (hotels, auto, fibo, ...) had to be very small in size. 1 - 2 new types plus a few properties are ideal. 5 - 9 might be if they cover a major new use-case. More than 20 is hardly accepted.
- Deliver an end-to-end proposal, with

** well-crafted names and descriptions etc. that are consistent with schema.org naming conventions
** zero syntactical and conceptual errors, in particular the proper reuse of existing elements
** correct and carefully designed examples in all relevant syntaxes

Your proposal must be convincing at first sight. Nobody will take the effort for polishing your proposal or fixing conceptual or syntactical flaws.

It will be a lot of work to champion for such a proposal. A good start will be smaller contributions, like crafting missing examples for existing elements.

For instance, https://schema.org/PropertyValue and https://schema.org/additionalProperty took me almost two years from the first proposal to acceptance.

This is just my personal view, but based on a lot of experience.

Please take this as advice and support, not discouragement.

Best wishes

Martin

martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp