Re: Question regarding "package type" as an extension of product

Hi F.M.

You may find the GS1 external extension of use to you for comprehensive
product details.
https://www.gs1.org/voc/
In particular PackagingDetails <https://www.gs1.org/voc/PackagingDetails>

They recommend using "UNECE Rec 21 codes" which I found here
<https://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/cefact/recommendations/rec21/rec21rev1_ecetrd195e.pdf>
They have a tool to help you make the markup
https://www.gs1.org/1/smart-search-demo/

Here is an example I put together on using it with schema, Keep in mind no
major search engines recognise GS1.

{
    "@context": {
        "gs1": "http://gs1.org/voc/",
        "s": "http://schema.org/",
        "xsd": "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#",
        "@vocab": "http://gs1.org/voc/"
    },
    "@type": [
            "gs1:Beverage",
            "s:Product"
        ],
        "@id": "http://smoothies-example.com/id/gtin/00614141987658",
        "s:name": "blueberry & banana breakfast smoothie",
        "gtin": "00614141987658",
        "s:description": "Rich in antioxidants and bursting with flavour,
this smoothie contains a blend of puréed fruits and pressed juices",
        "packaging": {
            "packagingRecyclingProcessType":
                { "@id": "gs1:PackagingRecyclingProcessTypeCode-RECYCLABLE"
},