Re: Eurocentrism, incorrect unit abbreviations, and proprietary Royalist Engish (sic) terms

​Hi all – I'm puzzled again. ​
How does this
​revision ​
improve the situation? It still uses Royalist English
​ instead of American – that is, it still uses CampingPitch, which American
publishers and web developers will be unfamiliar with. The American term is
campsite. ​According to Michael Andrews, Indians also use campsite. I see
three issues:

   1. ​Why are we using Royalist English for official terms? By default,
   shouldn't we be using American English since that's the vast majority of
   the English-speaking user base in 2018?
   2. The new paragraph is ponderous and out of place. It's a
   copy-and-paste from Wikipedia and doesn't fit the schema.org context (
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campsite). There's a very long sentence
   that veers into the Royalist English for a camping *area*. Then the next
   sentence *very obliquely* reveals that the American term for a camping
   pitch is campsite. It never actually says anything as clear as "The
   American term for a camping pitch is campsite.​" The reason is that this
   copy/paste from Wikipedia *is from an article called Campsite*. The term
   campsite is assumed, and is the context for the write-up. Wikipedia is not
   using Royalist English by default in this case, preferring the American
   term, and their write-up makes a lot more sense as the intro to Campsite.
   It makes much less sense as the intro to Camping Pitch, which is where
   Richard put it.

   3. ​Should schema.org provide some kind of localization for different
   dialects of English? Camping pitch is a great example because Americans
   will so thoroughly not understand it, ​since *pitch *is not understood
   as an area. (Whereas campsite is self-explanatory.) But in Britain, they'll
   need to use camping pitch. Can we have parallel terms?

​heers,

JD​