Re: Eurocentrism, incorrect unit abbreviations, and proprietary Royalist Engish (sic) terms

@Thad & others,

The Campground <https://schema.org/Campground> type has the following

A camping site, campsite, or campground is a place used for overnight stay
in the outdoors. In British English a campsite is an area, usually divided
into a number of pitches, where people can camp overnight using tents or
camper vans or caravans; this British English use of the word is synonymous
with the American English expression campground. In American English the
term campsite generally means an area where an individual, family, group,
or military unit can pitch a tent or parks a camper; a campground may
contain many campsites (Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campsite).

Which I think covers things.

Whereas CampingPitch <https://schema.org/CampingPitch> has this:

A camping pitch is an individual place for overnight stay in the outdoors,
typically being part of a larger camping site.

Which, under the current discussion, is a little lacking.

I therefore propose this:

A [[CampingPitch]] is an individual place for overnight stay in the
outdoors, typically being part of a larger [[Campground]].

In British English a campsite, or campground, is an area, usually divided
into a number of pitches, where people can camp overnight using tents or
camper vans or caravans; this British English use of the word is synonymous
with the American English expression campground. In American English the
term *campsite* generally means an area where an individual, family, group,
or military unit can pitch a tent or parks a camper; a campground may
contain many campsites.
(Source: Wikipedia see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campsite).

Thoughts/comments?

~Richard.