Re: New hosted extension for DIF Identity Hub

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:33 AM Daniel Buchner <
Daniel.Buchner@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Not sure what you mean by Closed Data. The Hubs are only ‘close data’ in
> the sense that the user controls what is exposed and can encrypt some of
> their semantic data objects/messages so that only they and those they allow
> can decrypt it.

Yes, that is what I meant.  Private data is also called closed data, in
contrast to open data.

> I am very familiar with Actions (and the sub classes), and we have been
> planning to use them as the model for the Messages endpoint/mechanism of
> the datastore. The issue we face is that we are running into a need for an
> extended set of Action sub classes that have more specific properties that
> are attuned for the various identity interactions. For example:
>

> We currently tried to specify a message that asks for the user to provide
> an attestation proving something via the CheckAction, but we’d really like
> some further properties that provide more specifics and expressiveness
> about the actual action intent, which is more like a
> ProvideAttestationAction. Such an action would include a claims field,
> Decentralized Identifier references, and other DID/attestation specific
> metadata. We already have a few related to attestations that are causing us
> to really bend the intent of the existing Action subclasses, and I don’t
> want to misuse them.
>

> Does this make sense?

Yeah, you don't want something generic sounding...but you want properties
that are more to the point for your usage and needs.  In that case...I
would just extend schema.org , and we already have several hosted
extensions and GS1 as our only known external extension
http://schema.org/docs/schemas.html

-Thad