Re: Rationale behind separate TechArticle / HowTo types?

Hi Joe,

The simple answer to your question is that there was probably very little
connection between the recent development of the HowTo
<http://schema.org/HowTo> type and its predecessor (by a long time)
TechArticle <http://schema.org/TechArticle>.  It certainly escaped my
notice that ‘*Example: How-to topics, step-by-step*,’ was part of the
TechArticle description.

For your article that has procedural info use case I would agree that a
multi-type entity would be the most suitable solution.

I suggest that the description of TechArticle is tweaked a little to
reference such a use, and an example or two added.

~Richard.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate
http://dataliberate.com