Re: Using Schema.org data for OpenStreetMap

Hum....

OpenStreetMap+Schema.org. Interesting. I am listening. I am heavily
involved OpenStreetMap, CartoDB, Mapbox, Geocoding systems, Satellite
systems, Open Geospatial Consortium, etc...
I do want to avoid

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/standards.png

But schema.org breakdown of schema sub-elements really makes developers
lives easier. A unified schema.

I would rather see the above orgs publish into schema.org not try and
fork their work.

Erik Anderson BloombergOn Mon, Oct 30, 2017, at 09:05 PM, Brad Brewer wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Richard Wallis is referencing a joint post from December 2015 where
> the chairman of Schema.org, RV Guha, and a Microsoft representative
> announced "we estimate that at least 12 million sites use Schema.org
> markup. The important point to note is that structured data markup is
> now of the same order of magnitude as the Web itself." This comment is
> based on data from Google and the Web Data Commons crawls.>
> I'll add that this metric was referenced prior to Web Data Commons
> support of JSON-LD in their crawls, which should make the number of
> sites much higher.>
> Here is the article link Richard Wallis provided in his reply:
> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2857276>
> Best,
> Brad
>

> --
>

> Thanks,
> Brad Brewer
> Founder, CEO | Brewer Digital Marketing
> brad@brewerdigitalmarketing.com
>
> www.brewerdigitalmarketing.com[1]
> www.schemaadapter.com[2]
> 303-406-1053 direct
> 800-645-4419 fax
>

> On Oct 30, 2017 8:42 PM, "Brian Tremblay" <schema@btrem.com> wrote:
>> On 9/29/17 6:36 AM, Richard Wallis wrote:
>>

>>> Schema.org markup is published on many millions of web sites (12
>>>  million estimated in late 2015) and a large percentage of
>>>  pages (30%>>>  from some surveys).
>> May I ask which surveys? And who provided the 12 million estimate?
>>
>>  --
>>  Brian Tremblay

Links:

  1. http://www.brewerdigitalmarketing.com/