Re: How are schema.org specifications written?

Hi Marco,

The Schema.org documentation pages, for types and properties, are created
from the source definition documents, currently produced using RDFa files,
stored in the schemaorg Github repository
<https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg>.

As a vocabulary, as against an ontology, there are no official definition
in terms of OWL etc, although there have been some unofficial attempts.

To understand how the vocabulary is structured, maintained, extended, etc.
you may find my blog post series *Schema.org in Practice* Parts 1
<http://dataliberate.com/2016/02/10/evolving-schema-org-in-practice-pt1-the-bits-and-pieces/>,
2
<http://dataliberate.com/2016/02/25/evolving-schema-org-in-practice-pt2-working-within-the-vocabulary/>
& 3