Re: Proposal – extension for Athletics

Hi Timothy,

This vocabulary for athletics is including too specific information about
track and field competitions, but there are some parts that can be reused
in other sports. For instance, the structure of competitions is aligned
with the BBC Sports Ontology [1] —with application to all sports—

Apart from competitions, dome other new classes (e.g.,
'SportsGoverningBody', 'Performance', 'captain' of a 'SportsTeam', or
'Athlete') could be also interesting for other sports. I'm adding also
information used by SportsML.

So, now I have a doubt about the strategy of schema.org extensions. This
proposal would be too constrained for Athletics, so I wonder if this should
be under either *athletics*.schema.org or *sports*.schema.org.

Best,

Martin

[1] http://www.bbc.co.uk/ontologies/sport#