Re: Google Structured Data Testing Tool - improved support for multiple independent types

On 3/1/17 5:18 PM, Robb Shecter wrote:
> Brian Tremblay wrote:
>
>> In this case, is there some benefit to labeling something
>> GovernmentOrganization instead of just Organization?
>
> I'm think it's probably worse: there's a detriment to using
> GovernmentOrganization because it may not be recognized, and so just
> silently discarded.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was trying to convey that I acknowledge the
drawbacks you pointed out -- your vocab might be ignored -- while
pointing out that there was no counterbalancing advantage -- e.g.,
better use by other tools.

> I actually have a small successful test case, using
> GovernmentOrganization as a property, not as the main type. My app
> openhealthscores.com gets this search engine result for a page:
>
> [screen shot of rich snippet in Google search results]

> I'm pretty sure that "New York City Department..." is sourced from
> this schema.org/json-ld in the HTML source
>
> there's an *author/name* attribute and so they're using it. The
> *@type* doesn't matter so much for their purposes here.

That seems like a reasonable conclusion.

--
Brian Tremblay