Re: Proposal for defining licenses

Eric,

That super type your needing is called a Legal Instrument.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_instrument

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-significant-difference-between-documents-deeds-and-instruments

And yes, we should have LegalInstrument as a new subtype under CreativeWork.

FYI, we already have the object portion, which would need further review
and alignment http://schema.org/instrument
as given in my example on our mailing list before of an instrument for
travel authorization (Passport)
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemaorg/2015Aug/0042.html