Re: Proposal for defining licenses

Good points, David. And welcome!

I think certifications, licenses, permits, and the like could be housed
under a single type. However, I don't yet know what that might be. At the
moment, an Organization or Person can have an "award" (
http://schema.org/award), but none of these additional types we're
discussing seems to fit that well.

As I mentioned in my response to Pete, I think that this is probably better
suited to licenses where there is a desire on the license holder's part to
make the license transparent and public.

Cheers,
--Eric

--

G+: http://http://gplus.to/ericfranzon