Re: Fabrication or Manufacturing Schema (Sep 19, 2016)

Hi,

I would recommend you to starte here
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/intro-structured-data
to read about structured Data in general

and here
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/local-businesses to
read about the "local business" class.

To find out what subclass of local business suits you best I recommend
you go there http://schema.org/docs/full.html search for LocalBusiness
and take a subclass in the list below.

Best, Elias

On 19.09.2016 20:43, Matthew Viau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work for a machine shop which is a type of manufacturing/fabrication
> company.  I didn't know if there were any plans to create metadata for that
> type of business.  I currently code and administrate our website, and I'm
> looking for ways to improve our search appearance beyond the
> "localBusiness" schema.  I wasn't sure where to start looking but I figured
> I'd try to get the ball rolling on something.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Matt
>
> http://www.villamachine.com/index.html

Elias Kärle, MSc