Re: sdo Software

I had trouble using most of the available out-of-the box scripts that I
found late last year--Any23 was failing to parse relatively common
in-the-wild HTML, for example--so put together the "crawl" script contained
in https://github.com/dbs/dialled-ca for my own currently very specific
purposes of checking library homepages for linked open data. It relies on
rdflib and rdflib-json to extract RDFa, Microdata, and JSON-LD from a list
of target pages and stores them in a single Turtle file as linked data. It
could be relatively easily modified to be made much more generic, upon
reflection. I suspect many of the "stupid hacks" that I've built into the
script would be needed for anything trying to deal with the real wild web.

Note that I also found rdflib wanting in some situations (and contributed a
few branches upstream to try to fix it up, most of which have been
accepted--yay!), so I currently run this script on a local branch of
rdflib, but for both Any23 and rdflib a subsequent stable release might
have resolved many of those problems.