Re: How to encode a product family?

Hi Alexandre,
that looks good!

> On 03 May 2016, at 20:38, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Martin and all for the detailed responses. I think I understand a bit better how it could be done now.
>
> What do you think of the following?
>
> [[
> ## I still feel like we could have schema:ProductFamily as a subclass of schema:Brand

I agree that if we want schema:ProductFamiliy, it should be a subtype of schema:Brand and be clearly separate from the Product/Service/ProductModel types.

The question is whether documenting the use of schema:Brand for this purpose is as good as defining a subtype which does not introduce new properties.

As a compromise, we could add "Product families are also a form of Brand" to the description of schema:Brand and schema:brand, and add an example for this scenario to schema:Brand, schema:brand, and schema:ProductModel.

Martin