Re: How to encode a product family?

Hi Thomas,

> On May 3, 2016, at 8:09 AM, Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> I think you are looking for http://schema.org/ProductModel.

I did look at `ProductModel` but the way I read its definition, it's more for let's say "the iPhone 6s Product model is for the iPhone 6s devices with different memory capacities, different colors, etc.".

In other words, what is the ProductModel whose variants are the iPhone 6s and the iPhone SE?

> This was
> discussed in https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2012Jul/0081.html.

Interesting. In that thread, I do see the notion of Product family. Was this abandoned during the transition to Schema.org?

Alexandre