Re: Schema.org Product Info

Hi Russell,

Without going into a great deal of detail here, the Product schema is
fundamentally generic, whereas the properties you're exploring are very
much domain-specific.  So depending on what benefit you hope to derive from
declaring such properties, you may indeed well wish to explore building
your own external extension.

Alternately and/or additionally, you'll definitely want to take a look at
the GS1 Web Vocabulary [1], which is a far more products-focused external
extension, and accordingly has a much broader range of properties available
for use. [2]

Finally, also check out the The Product Types Ontology [3].  While this
won't necessarily make more product categories available for your use,
through the use of additionalType you can at least make much more granular
product declarations.

[1]
http://blog.schema.org/2016/02/gs1-milestone-first-schemaorg-external.html
[2] http://gs1.org/voc/?show=properties