Analysis and fixes for glitches introduced in v3 release

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 18:48:02 +0100
To: "schema.org Mailing List" <public-schemaorg@w3.org>, Chaals from Yandex <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, Tom Marsh <tmarsh@exchange.microsoft.com>, Peter Mika <pmika@hotmail.com>, Martin Hepp <mfhepp@gmail.com>, St├ęphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>, Ramanathan Guha <rvguha@gmail.com>, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>, Shankar Natarajan <shankan@microsoft.com>
It emerged (post release, regrettably) that schema.org 3.0 included a
number of unintended reversions, i.e. we lost some of the improvements
from 2.1. This was related to the large set of changes we made while
moving the medical/health vocabulary out into a health-lifesci
extension. I take responsibility for this, and will put some more
careful review steps in place for large scale changes in future. I'm
also looking with Richard Wallis at adding further unit tests that
could warn us of unintended changes.

The issue and a proposed set of fixes are documented in
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1203 - I'd appreciate
any additional review and sanity checking. My approach to fixing this
was to use an "RDF diff" tool and manually compare all the claims in
v2.2 versus v3.3.  A summary of the fixes I have made is at
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1203#issuecomment-226833017
and the candidate content is now online for review via our development
site, webschemas.org.

My preference would be to get this material out asap as v3.1, perhaps
accompanied by some reasonably obvious and quick vocabulary fixes
(suggestions welcomed on that point too).

cheers,

Dan