RE: Schema usage and licensing

We are not re-publishing the schema libraries. We are referencing them. CC attribution isn’t applicable.

From: Richard Wallis [mailto:richard.wallis@dataliberate.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:07 AM
To: Robert Kost <rkost@thematix.com>
Cc: public-schemaorg@w3.org; Tati Chevron <tati@gotati.com>
Subject: Re: Schema usage and licensing

I am no legal expert but I have had experience of similar discussions in another domain.

I believe that at the level of code (html, RDFa, Microdata, JSON-LD) the use of the canonical URIs for Schema.org terms - e.g.  vocab=“http://schema.org/”, itemtype=“http://schema.org/Book”,  “@context”: “http://schema.org” - is sufficient attribution in the terms of the licence.

If you wanted to print all the Schema.org terms and their definitions in a physical book, it would be different, where there would be the expectation of an attribution paragraph on an early page.

~Richard.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate
http://dataliberate.com