Re: Non-schema.org ontologies

​This is what is currently known and used by all of them:​

1. RDFa Core is a specification for attributes to express structured data
in any markup language.
​

2​
. Most useful to them are fully documented, dereferenceable ones like
Dublin Core, PURL, ​etc. https://www.w3.org/wiki/Good_Ontologies
2. Ontologies are not scraped per se, but already understood by search
engines, where the ontology is stored internally and referenced.
3. Sometimes they don't even have to scrape HTML pages either...but have
pipelines for absorbing known datasets already, like what ckan.org and
others provide.
4. Lastly, they sometimes don't need to look elsewhere...they have the
goods...Their own repositories generated by A.I. and machine learning
algorithms.

Thad

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com