RE: Third sector services extension?

For inspiration, you could have a look at the Core Public Service Vocabulary developed by a group of European organisations under the umbrella of the European Commission’s ISA programme. Please see https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/node/64521 for further details.

Makx.

From: Jen Williams [mailto:jen@networkedplanet.com]
Sent: 23 August 2016 10:32
To: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Subject: Re: Third sector services extension?

Thanks for the info, good to know any history. I see there's an issue on github concerning types of organisation (https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/425) though my focus is on describing types of services offered by organisations (regardless of whether they are NGOs, Government or community groups)

There's also an interesting project called Open VCS, but again this is to describe VCS organisation details (http://openvcs.github.io/).

What would be the best way to proceed in researching how to come up with a viable extension for schema.org <http://schema.org> ? Is there a formal submission process and guidelines?

We have a small group gathering but I've not yet started a real push for numbers as I wanted to know the best way to proceed first. I'm sure that commercially driven extensions will always gain more traction than non-commercial, but the benefits of higher quality search results to people who need to find services offered by Not For Profits could really make a difference.