Re: Class hierarchy - MobilePhone

On 16 August 2016 at 12:18, Filip Masri <masrifilip@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear schema.org community,
>
> could you please answer me question concerning creating SubClass in
> schema.org, specifically http://schema.org/Product. I would like to create
> an entity MobilePhone which is a subtype of Product.
>
> Do I need to specify link/subclass in my RDF database? Or is it sufficient
> to keep the Product attributes in my MobilePhone entity? So the hierarchy
> would be specified only by the same attributes?

There's no simple answer, it depends very much on what you're trying
to do, and what kind of application or tooling environment you're
doing it in. You can get machine readable versions of our schemas from
http://schema.org/docs/developers.html or data/releases/* folders in
Github, http://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/ - if you're using these
snapshots in some kind of RDF database that understands RDFS you might
find value in converting our "domainIncludes" and "rangeIncludes"
schema definitions into rdfs:domain and rdfs:range.

>From the attached file, it looks like you're focussed on creating
something that is also human-readable too. You might find it useful to
investigate the Github repository and the way that we have handled
extensions, see data/ext/* folders for examples e.g. bib/ or auto/.

cheers,

Dan