Re: Schema.org v3.1 release candidate (sdo-makemake branch) - please review for release in 1-2 weeks

Hello

> On 8 August 2016 at 08:08, Thomas Francart <thomas.francart@sparna.fr>
> wrote:
> > A few minor things I have spotted while looking at raw data at
> > http://webschemas.org/docs/developers.html#defs following discussion at
> > https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1277 :
> >
> > "Dentist" is still under "ProfessionalService"; reading the comment on
> that
> > entry, I am wondering whether this is correct or not; is should probably
> be
> > moved in the health extension;
>
> It looks like this went backwards and forwards between core and the
> health-lifesci extension (several local business-related terms were
> moved back to core). There was also some debate around "Dentistry"
> which *is* part of the health-lifesci extension,
> http://health-lifesci.webschemas.org/Dentistry
>
> Taking a quick look at the files: the file data/schema.rdfa (which
> defines the core), has this:

> href="http://schema.org/MedicalOrganization">
> MedicalOrganization</a></span>
> href="http://schema.org/ProfessionalService">
> schema:ProfessionalService</a</span>
>
> the file  data/ext/health-lifesci/med-health-core.rdfa has just this:
>
> (the extension distinguishes medical organizations from medical
> businesses, a nuance I'm not 100% sure is useful)

> href="http://schema.org/MedicalBusiness">MedicalBusiness</a></span>
>
> ... which is our way to express that "from the perspective added by
> the health-lifesci layer", the Dentist type is (also) a subtype of
> MedicalBusiness. We do it this way because we don't want the core to
> include references to things that are only defined in the various
> extensions.
>
> On the question of where it most properly lives, there is no perfect
> answer since life is untidy. My instinct here is that it is reasonable
> for a few health-related terms to remain in core, and for the
> extension to focus on "going deep" into that domain. So we also have
> left e.g. /Hospital in the core as a term of general mainstream
> interest, whereas fine detail like DrugCostCategory,
> Gastroenterologic,  RespiratoryTherapy,
> MedicalObservationalStudyDesign is better off in an extension.
>
> So I think it stays in the core but since "ProfessionalService" has
> been retired as a type, we ought to move it up into LocalBusiness and
> MedicalOrganization (but still within the core).  I'll go ahead and
> make that change; leaving it in that type was an oversight.

OK for me.

> > "Dentist" starts with a space in the source RDFa file;
>
> Could you give an exact pointer? I'm not seeing the space in the most
> recent files. We did make some fixes addressing this recently, and we
> have a test that should ensure that term IDs and labels match:
> https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/blob/sdo-makemake/
> tests/test_graphs.py#L204

The latest file at http://webschemas.org/version/latest/schema.ttl does not
contain the space. I see this was correctly fixed in
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/commit/f93cbe86fedf243f3848ab45ecbff6b9b70fec44#diff-200232fafee461b4217385c536cb093e.
Maybe the data files in webschema.org were not 100% uptodate, anyway, this
is correct now.

> > The labels and comments from bib extension have "@en" language, while
> labels
> > and comments in the core don't have a language associated;
>
> Good point - noted in https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1282

OK.

> Thanks for your careful review!

I am currently trying to make SKOS-Play (http://labs.sparna.fr/skos-play),
which I develop, ingest and convert the SDO class hierarchy to SKOS, so
that the various rendering options (alphabetical, hierarchical, etc.) can
help spotting inconsistancies in the model (it worked in that case ;-) ).
Plus, it generates nice browsable d3js-based visualizations. I hope to be
able to provide more details on this soon !

Cheers
Thomas

--

*Thomas Francart* -* SPARNA*
Web de *données* | Architecture de l'*information* | Accès aux