schema.org upcoming topics

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 00:32:53 +0100
To: "R.V.Guha" <guha@guha.com>, Natasha Noy <noy@google.com>
On 28 April 2016 at 23:40, R.V.Guha <guha@guha.com> wrote:
> What is the current state of data set descriptions?

1. we have some very basic pieces in schema.org for talking about
datasets, more or less inspired by DCAT and related RDF vocabularies.
http://schema.org/Dataset and nearby.
2. W3C CSVW is complete. It defines its own basic vocab for talking
about tabular data including a medium-expressive templating system to
map tables into triples.
3. This release includes some bugfixing for problems we introduced in
2.0 (messed up a property name)

https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1083 tracks "Improving
Dataset descriptions" including notes from chatting with Natasha Noy
(cc:'d). We've also had a few discussions e.g. with folk around
https://www.elixir-europe.org/ on applying this stuff more deeply to
dataset sharing in the life sciences.

I've also been toying with ideas for describing neural net model zoos
along lines of https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/wiki/Model-Zoo but that
might be a bit niche interest :)