Re: `generator` in Schema.org?

Hi, Martynas–

On 9/29/15 11:48 AM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> I think PROV covers more than schema.org <http://schema.org> can ever
> aim to.

Yes, that's what I just said.

> We cannot have a single monolithic super-ontology for all
> domains. Vocabulary reuse has been one of the pillars of the Semantic
> Web. I don't understand why people would want to push everything and
> anything into schema.org <http://schema.org>.

I explained that PROV is missing the functionality I need (or at least
an obvious and simple way), and suggested that Schema.org refer to PROV
for more complex use cases.

I have no interest in arguing the philosophical point of vocabulary
reuse and decentralized ontologies. I'm not going to proxy for someone
else's fight.

I simply want to accomplish a basic task, and to provide a way to people
to easily discover a semantic way to express a common use case.

Regards–
–Doug