Re: Service and LocalBusiness

Hi Brian:

There is no need to develop a large set of subtypes for schema:LocalBusiness.

There are at least two ways to handle this with the current schema.org vocabulary:

1. Use schema:additionalType with the URI of a specific subtype, e.g. from www.productontology.org

Like so:

    <link itemprop="additionalType" href="http://www.productontology.org/id/Internet_caf%C3%A9" />
    <!-- other schema.org properties go in here -->

for an Internet café.

See www.productontology.org for details. The examples there use schema:Product as the baseline itemtype, but schema:LocalBusiness or schema:Place works as well.

2. Attach a generic schema:Offer to the schema:LocalBusiness that describes the set of products or services

    <!-- other schema.org properties go in here -->

Both approaches are valid in the Google validator, the second is a bit better.

Martin

martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp