Re: schema.org/WebPageElement and it's subTypes

Just from the top of my head: While the elements are kind of useless in an HTML-based syntax for schema.org, they may turn out to be valuable in other syntaxes, like JSON-LD or Turtle.

Imagine if Microsoft wanted to describe a Web site template hierarchy for MS Office or information extractor widgets in Excel - then, being able to describe a Web page structure independent of HTML elements could be very nice.

Martin

martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp