Re: Usage of schema:additionalProperty

Hi John: The reason is that you may want to provide reference values / context also in the form of property-values and use the name of the property for indicating the type of reference (e.g. "reference temperature").

schema:valueReference just indicates that it is a value that provides context for the primary value.

Examples with valueReference:

<!-- Product: Value References -->
     at

Examples with additionalProperty:

<!-- Product: Value References -->
     at

-----------------------------------
martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp

> On 18 May 2015, at 22:14, John Walker <john.walker@semaku.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Was just browsing around v2.0, congrats to all involved.
>
> I have a question about schema:additionalProperty. I see the domain for this
> property includes schema:QualitativeValue and schema:QuantitativeValue, but
> couldn't figure out a 'real-life' use case for this. If I wanted to specify
> additional properties on a value, wouldn't these be some kind of conditions
> under which the value is measured/specified? In which case shouldn't I use
> schema:valueReference instead?
>
> Concrete examples appreciated :)
>
> John

Best wishes / Mit freundlichen Grüßen