Re: schema.org/WebPageElement and it's subTypes

On 19 May 2015 at 19:38, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "SiteNavigationElement (a subtype of WebPageElement) is widely adopted"
>

> So are WPHeader, WPSideBar and WPFooter but is there also any insight into
> how they are used?
>
> I've often seen these elements marked up without any properties specified
> for them, and those that do specify properties often do this in a very
> inconsistent/creative manner, which is probably due to the fact there are no
> examples showing how they should be used.
>
> But before talking about adding examples I'd first like to know whether
> there's any sense in specifying these Types, isn't this indeed mark up for
> markup's sake, or are data consumer actually interested in knowing about a
> page's WebPageElements?
>
>> "Odd to me, though, that BreadCrumbList is not a WebPageElement"

Conceptually, it could naturally enough live in there but it is more
about the site's structure than about a particular piece of markup.
And since no properties are defined especially for WebPageElement I
don't think we're missing out on much. I also don't see a lot of value
in treating a breadcrumb list as a creative work. It's essentially
just a data structure with a particular known kind of content.

I would love to hear of WPFooter etc being used (e.g. for
accessibility). Anyone?

cheers,

Dan