Re: Two proposals for schema.org/WebPage

> *"but it puzzles me how can it be that 10k to 50k sites use it"*

Speaking from own experience, during the first few years of using schema.org
I was under the impression that there was an actual value in specifying
them simply because they exist. Only after a couple of years, asking many
questions about them on the mailing list, did I come to understand that
just because something is part of the schema/org specs doesn't mean there's
much sense in using it.

In my experience there are plenty out there who look at schema.org the way
I did at first and simply apply markup because it's [a] par tof the specs,
and [b] because it's a very recognizable piece of markup for those who work
with HTML. Together making it likely candidates to end up in markup.

And I know there are also some Wordpress templates out there (by YOAST)
that contain this type of markup. And since these templates are doing
nicely from a commercial POVw I wouldn't be surprised if their templates
are responsible for a substantial part the sites that uses this type of
markup.