Re: The role of Role in Schema.org

Hi,

I'm new here. I'm PhD student at the University of Illinois and I work on a
variety of linked data and RDF technology projects, among them the Web
Annotation Working Group. We're looking at employing schema for a number of
things, so I'm trying to get a better sense of it.

I'm still getting up to speed with the outstanding issues this CG is
discussing but one thing that leaps out of me from the blog post's final
example is the triple:

schema:employee schema:employee [list]

Is the schema:employee predicate itself intended to be within possible set
of subjects for triples employing it? It seems as though this is
technically possible according to the rdf and rdfs specs but is this
desirable? Was there a use case that drove this decision? Can I have an
infinite recursion of schema:employee schema:employee schema:employee?

Regards,

Jacob

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu