Re: Proposal: series of "Advanced Use" articles

On 10/04/15 18:12, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 10 April 2015 at 17:45, Paul Watson <lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'm glad that proposal received such a positive response!
>>
>> Just thinking about the mechanics of it, since the content of the main
>> schema.org domain needs to be deployed from github, it may be easier to set
>> up a new subdomain (http://tutorials.schema.org?), add a CMS (Drupal?), and
>> then control the publishing of tutorials through the CMS rather than having
>> them dependent on release deployments to the main schema.org domain. Any
>> existing tutorials linked from http://schema.org/docs/documents.html could
>> be re-keyed into the CMS on the subdomain, and 301 redirects set up.
> Thanks for starting this discussion! I'd suggest that W3C's Community
> Group machinery, which is built on top of Wordpress, ought to be a
> reasonable place to start, with simple links from /docs/documents.html
> being a reasonable start.
>
> If you log into https://www.w3.org/community/schemaorg/ with your w3c
> account info you should see (from the discreet menu bar at top of
> page) that it is all based on Wordpress, so there is a button there
> for 'new post', 'new page'. Let's collect questions/topics in Github
> as issues and to the extent that there is actually any consensus on
> the answers, that should provide raw materials for getting written up.
Wordpress is fine by me if it's already set up and ready to use.

> So what topics do folk here think deserve coverage, beyond the basic
> 'getting started' guides that already exist?
>
> Dan

Apart from Martin's proposed tutorial/article on the Goodrelations model
in schema.org (which I look forward to) and some of Dan Scott's articles
(which I read earlier and were very good), I agree with Aaron that the
use of itemref in the schema.org <http://schema.org> context would be a
great subject for a tutorial.

Plus anything to do with Linked Data in schema.org and the use of
multiple schema.org types on a single "item" (I think one of Dan Scott's
articles did explain attack this one)

And when the proposed schema.org extension mechanism is published then
that would certainly be a subject for a number of tutorials.

Another source of possible articles would be to browse through the
StackOverflow questions about schema.org at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/?tagnames=schema.org&sort=newest
and look for any common questions.

Finally, I think we should try to provide examples in all 3 formats
(Microdata, RDFa, and JSON-LD) in every tutorial unless the tutorial is
specifically about one format or shows how to do something that is only
possible in one format.

Paul