Re: PublicationEvent for quarterlies and other odd cases

I would suggest that datePublished is probably the best place to put the
date of publication: YYYY or YYY-MM etc. (2015 or 2015-04).

As to cover date, my inclination is to see that more as a name or
alternateName, or maybe even a short description, which handle all sorts of
variations: "The Obscure Journal - Spring 2014 Issue",  "The Obscure
Journal: May-October 2012".  As these would be described as
PublicationIssue(s), perhaps with an exampleOfWork link to a Periodical
description, such names would make sense.

~Richard.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate
http://dataliberate.com