Re: Schemabibex Group entering a different phase

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do have 1 thought.  Towards the wider scope of GLAM, in general.
>
> Specifically, I am wondering if the Schemabibex Group has/is interested in
> trying to assist with another bib focus for Art (items in a collection).
>
> My question is... are all the pieces in place for describing bibliographic
> resources towards those items in a collection of Art ?
> Or does the Schemaibibex Group think that other groups have more leverage
> and should let them handle work on that ?

You might want to start by sketching out what you could use; I see:

CreativeWork :: contentLocation :: Place

Place has, as one of the children of LocalBusiness, ArtGallery. If you want
to point at a specific room, you can use Place :: containedIn :: ArtGallery.

If you want to mark up info about pieces of art that are for sale, then you
can mix in the Product/Offer vocabulary.

At first blush, I think most of the core parts are there. Maybe you want an
Event with some kind of description around the rationale / theme of the
collection that's outside of the pieces themselves and the physical
location? The only bit that seems to be missing there would be something
like a "curator" role (I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a high level
event organizer role, for that matter).

Dan