Re: journal article for next call?

Dear all

It strikes me that "issuance" is a sub-class of Collection in the proposal:
[
  Thing > CreativeWork > Collection > Issuance
]
It will be the case for journal issues made of articles, but for other periodicals (comics?) it may not be true.

As a matter of fact nothing prevents from having "Issuance" typed at a higher level (CreativeWork or Intangible; this mail is not about that part of the discussion!) and then let data publishers use an extra type assertion to Collection (and statements with the "article" property) to indicate when an issuance is a composite item.

This would probably help making something that is less disruptive wrt the existing Comics proposal.

Best,

Antoine