Re: journal article for next call?

Hi Owen,

These are all good points. I believe think we're heading in the same
direction now, with the decision to base both Publication and Issuance on
the Collection class [1], which is itself a subclass of CreativeWork.

Regarding 'PublicationIssue', I was thinking the same thing. +1 from me on
that.

I haven't really thought this next thing through, but might it even be
feasible to make the issue class a subclass of Publication? It might lead
to some non-applicable properties though. (Can an issue itself have an
ISSN? What would that mean?)

(In general it seems schema.org uses classes more like a grab bag (union)
of possible properties, rather than a more nested, rigid hierarchy. I find
that ok, especially since RDF really is property-oriented, so the fact that
these "bags of possible shapes" rarely match the shapes of (descriptions
of) any instance thereof isn't too disturbing. In principle, I think I'd
prefer more "mix-in" patterns though – to compose classes based on multiple
superclasses defining related aspects. But within reasonable bounds, this
can evolve as needed.)

Cheers,
Niklas

[1]: http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Collection