Re: Candidates for the CreativeWork property names vote off

I'd like to add:

10. embodies / embodiedBy

, representing levels of concretization/abstraction (and hence not
being symmetric properties). I say "levels" since I think it's ok to
use it to describe "partial embodiment", such as an "expression" of a
"work", although it's probably most apt for describing a simpler
abstract/concrete relation (like "instanceOf" in BibFrame).

Like Karen I prefer simple property names to the "has ..." form in
general. In schema.org, there is only one such form right now
(schema:hasPOS), and a bunch of properties as simple verbs in s-form
(noticeably schema:mentions, which has a domain of
schema:CreativeWork). I don't know if there is a convention in
schema.org on inverses (no property is described with owl:inverseOf,
so it's hard to be sure), but there are three properties ending in
"By" (schema:affectedBy, schema:musicBy and schema:reviewedBy).

In order to not expand the list of choices too much, how about folding
8 and 9 into 1 and 3 respectively, and vote on the form separately?
(Thus meaning that the alternate form of 2 is "concretizes", 4 is
"expresses" and so on.)

(Also, I agree with Jeff that avoiding superfluous inverses is a good
thing, at least in principle. I fear that the world of markup-embedded
metadata may call for more dirty approaches though, and it seems to be
a trend to sprinkle a little of everything into the mix without much
notion of "primary data" nor expectations on consumption (including
collation and bidirectional statement traversal). We'll see how
various guidelines develop over time.)

Cheers,
Niklas

(PS. Once we're settling on something, it's probably wise to declare
what (if any) relations that suggestion has to DC (e.g. hasFormat),
BibFrame (instanceOf) and particular properties in the various FRBR
vocabularies actively used in the wild (including metalex). And
perhaps what we come up with here will also influence the ongoing
development of BibFrame.)