RE: InstanceOf/derivativeOf

I agree that follow-your-nose is a feature of Linked Data, but I don't
think we should be overly concerned that some statements we employ
aren't there or even on the wrong end of the nose. For example, if I
want to publish an RDF statement saying that I am employed by OCLC, I
should be able to use VIAF URIs without having to coin alias URIs and
use those instead. I agree this it would be ideal in some ways because
then I'm also playing by the follow-your-nose principle, but it also
creates a burden in various ways.

Jeff

DBpedia
> > is allowed to use dbpedia URIs as subjects in RDF statements?
> >
> > Jeff

Is
> inverse
> >>>

> >> Well, yes, for RDF this is generally true, I'm not sure it holds as
> >> well if you think of it in the context of linked data.  After all,
> if
> >> you're following your nose, the lack of bidirectional relationships
> >> means that a resource basically might as well not exist from a
> >> certain route.
> >>
> >> -Ross.

Works/Instances,

> > Work