Re: A request to use schema.org markup

Karen,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:
>> - On the turtle-ish section: I'd be glad to help, but as I don't know
>> which is "that" page...
>> I'd assume however you can just load the mark-up into a distiller and
>> copy-paste the result, as already done in
>> http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/CommonEndeavor
>

> I removed the "turtle-ish" section -- it wasn't appropriate to the example.
> But do tell me about this distiller... from what to what? Is there one that
> is mainly used?

There are a bunch of tools that will do this kind of
conversion/distilling from Microdata to RDF or from RDFa to RDF.

I used this for the CommonEndeavor N3 example. Gregg Kellogg seems to
keep up with these kinds of conversion issues. That he writes these
tools in Ruby :-).
http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller

The other one I've seen recently mentioned is the RDF Translator.
http://rdf-translator.appspot.com/

Running the CommonEndeavor example through both gives different output
in N3 notation. I can't say what that means though.

The other tools I like for looking at Microdata snippets to understand
the data are:
http://foolip.org/microdatajs/live/
http://linter.structured-data.org/ (also by Gregg Kellogg)

Each of the search engines also have tools available, but they do not
have as nice a visual layout as I'd like.

What other tools do folks like or recommend for distilling RDF out of
Microdata + schema.org?

Jason