RE: Some Draft SchemaBibEx Proposals

>>> On 17.1.2013 at 15:26, Shlomo Sanders <Shlomo.Sanders@exlibrisgroup.com> wrote:

> Would this be valid ?

>   itemid="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/D02.078.370.141.450"
> content="D02.078.370.141.450"/>

I don't think this is valid. At least indication of the coding system this comes from is missing. And according to the examples, information about the code itself (the actual string as well as the coding system, apart from its ID which one can indicate using "itemid") has to be put into seperate subordinated <meta> tags.  An example from [1] (slightly changed):

The schema:code property is used in two different ways here. First to link a MedicalCondition to its corresponding MedicalCode (as entity) and second to link the MedicalCode to the actual code string (text). This is a bit strange as the schema.org documentation only states the "range" of schema:code is a schema:MedicalCode when it is actually also used with text as value. I think the documentation has to be fixed either by changing the value specification analogous to http://schema.org/Product where the property schema:model can be used both with schema:ProductModel or Text as value or by stopping proposing this dual use of schema:code and e.g. using schema:name - as Richard suggested - for indicating the code string.

- Adrian