Re: Some Draft SchemaBibEx Proposals

Tom,
On 16/01/2013 18:43, "Tom Morris" <tfmorris@gmail.com> wrote:

> It probably belongs to a block of identifiers of a certain size which
> may have a history of ownership transfer and an expiration date and
> all sorts of other administrivial detail, but surely that's of
> vanishingly small interest to someone who's just trying to uniquely
> identify a book (edition).
>
> Note also that schema.org's Product.gtin13 property includes all
> ISBN-13 codes (and ISBN-10 codes which have been translated).

In a few cases - Book:isbn & Product:gtin13 - Schema has accounted for
standard numbers/references.  However this approach will not scale for all
the many schemes that are used to assign these things.

I am suggesting that there is a need for a way to describe a standard
number/reference/identifier its type and any other useful information
associated with it.

I believe it has broad relevance beyond the bibliographic community.

Richard.